Wednesday, April 30, 2014

New York Philharmonic

My favorite gift from my folks are tickets to the Young People's Concerts of the New York Philharmonic.

For the last concert this season, friends gave me two extra tickets.


We took Rosemary and Silas' friend Teun. For both, it was their first time at the symphony.

There are always instruments (and innards) on display.
We even have box seats!
Teun's parents could not believe I volunteered, single-handedly, to bring a 6, 5, and 2-year-old to hear the New York Philharmonic.

But the kids were great and enjoyed the show.

1 comment:

  1. I have fond memories of going to Young Persons' Concerts with my grandmother! I vaguely all the performances as being Peter and the Wolf, but I'm guessing that wasn't so.

    I had a mini-subscription to the Philharmonic every year I lived in the city. Once I went and there was a school field trip. Right before it was about to start, one of the kids had to go to the bathroom. The teacher said he could go then but the ushers might not let him back in until the piece was over. He thought for a moment and then said, "I'll go at halftime."

    ReplyDelete