Since there is basically no Hawk Girl merchandise for sale anywhere, Meredith assembled the costume and our friend Summer created the mask.
At the bakery, the entire staff came out to wish Rosemary a happy birthday and tell her that her cake request was "extremely cool."
Rosemary was thrilled with the whole affair.
She has been anticipating her birthday for months and it has cropped up in many conversations:
----
R: "Last night I dreamed about a caterpillar that turned into a robot and shot people."
Me: "Wow."
R: "Can I have that for my birthday?"
----
R: "Can I do motorcycle lessons?"
Me: "Well, you're too young to ride a motorcycle."
R: "How about after I turn four?"
Hawk Girl -- who can soar gracefully through the air but also whack you in the head with a mace -- is not a bad metaphor for Rosemary at age four.
More pictures of her birthday are here.
No comments:
Post a Comment